Monday, September 30, 2013

Stepping Into Acceptance



At forty years old, I am just beginning a life focused on my passions and interests outside of mothering. I have loved the last fifteen years of pregnancy and nursing and being the most authentic, natural Mama that have known how to be. As my children get older more time has opened up for me to pursue and explore things that have been on the back burner for years - maybe decades! This is a very exciting, fulfilling time in my mothering journey. 

Since I was seventeen years old, I have been told that I should get into modeling. Truth be told, I never had the confidence because I did not like the idea of being compared and judged and I worried what other women would think. Since representing Radical Unschooling on various television appearances over the last few years, I have become used to putting myself out there and opening myself up for criticism. You'd think that this would be a bad thing, but it has been quite the opposite.

It has been the greatest gift to be able to stand in the place of judgement from others and only grow stronger from it. I am focused on my many dreams and goals in life now more than ever. I have learned to love myself in all of my crazy authenticity. I am expanding in every area of my professional career and many amazing opportunities have come my way since letting go of my perfectionism.

"Many people think of perfectionism as striving to be your best, but it is not about self-improvement; it's about earning approval and acceptance.Brene Brown

Modeling is a new, exciting adventure and one that makes me Sparkle with my Whole Being. I am listed on a few modeling sites and have already received several contacts which may or may not lead to new experiences and opportunities. Either way, I know that I love stepping into this acceptance of myself and creating such beautiful art through my modeling work.










“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ~ Steve Jobs



6 comments:

Beverly said...

Blessings, Dayna. This post inspires me to want to be my most vulnerable and fantastic self. You rock!

WonkyIffy said...

You are so beautiful and these shots are amazing.
Your stepping outside the box and having fun is beyond inspiring. Thanks for sharing with the world :)

Dayna Martin said...

I am so happy to inspire other women on their own life's journey.
Rawk on, my friends!
Love, Dayna

Lori said...

I love these Photos. Your Hubby is great at catching you, the "you" he really knows well! Love the intimacy and playfulness! You are both wonderful Humans!!

Book Talk With Bonnie said...

Great modeling pics!

Dayna Martin said...

Lori, Thank you! Joe and I have a lot of fun working together. We love it!

Bonnie, Thank you!!