Monday, August 18, 2008

Ivy's Love Tree


Ivy and I did a little project this morning. We do different projects almost every day. She loves to create together. We have a large, organized selection of crafting materials and she loves to pick and choose what to do with me.
I do not often share our projects, but today I wanted to because it was just so sweet.

I asked Ivy if she wanted to make a Love Tree. We went outside and she picked out a little branch. I sewed a few little hearts out of red felt and stuffed them. Then I shared with her that she could put the name on a heart of everyone she loved.
The very first name she told me to write was her own, "Ivy". I absolutely love that she thought of herself first as someone to put on her Love Tree.

2 comments:

Christy said...

What a sweet project! I may try this one with my girls.

Erica said...

I LOVE that she put herself on the tree and that she added that first.

I don't know if I would have even thought to add myself.

This is another one of the joys and "perks" of and raising free trusted children! They do love themselves and they know it because they are valued, trusted and loved by us.