Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sparkling Traditions

We are a family rich with traditions. Our children love the holidays, and it is important for me to bring old and new traditions into our lives. Every year, a few days before Halloween, we carve pumpkins together. The kids love to roast pumpkin seeds, (even though I'm the only one who really eats them.) We also make caramel and candy covered apples on the same day we carve our pumpkins. Everyone looks forward to this every year.

Traditions are part of what writes the story of our lives. For me, it takes time, planning and organization to follow through with family traditions, but seeing the Joy it brings to our family makes it all worth it and a responsibility that brings me Joy. I am so grateful that we had such a memorable day together.

As the snow fell to the ground today, I was reminded of how young our family really is and how many more wonderful years we all have together. My heart is filled with love and gratitude knowing that this is only the beginning of our story.









1 comment:

Kirie said...

What a lovely comment about your family being young and looking forward to all the good things to come. Your blog is beautiful, and so is your post.
So glad I found it!