Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Sparkling Snow Party

The other day I was leaving the grocery store and a man walking by said to me, "Can we get any more snow? Can it get any colder?". He was so disgruntled and huffed off.

I smiled and began remembering all the times when I have heard people complain about the weather up here in the White Mountains. Snow in on the ground about 6 months out of the year. It is part of our lives here and something we should be celebrating and honoring! I really wanted to live in gratitude about it, rather than complaining and suffering through it. Then I had an idea...

A Snow Party! In a matter of just a few minutes, I had a party with our Unschooling friends planned. I love this about our lives so much. We have the Freedom and flexibility to pull a sucessful party off in a matter of hours.

Last night was such a fun celebration! We roasted hot dogs and veggie dogs over the open fire. The kids colored snow and we had an ice cube spoon race. We made snow toffee and listened to upbeat music outside while we all enjoyed one another and the beautiful snow that covered our lives. I am so grateful to have such wonderful Unschooling families, who we can call in a moments notice and say.. "Come over! We're having a party!"
Thank you Jill, Caitlin and Joe... love you guys!












1 comment:

Shady Lady said...

Isn't it wonderful to celebrate everything? Here in the Pacific Northwest we generally get a lot of rain. I love the rain and look forward to our cloudy and rainy weather. This year we had significantly less rain which was fabulous as well! Celebrate everything!!