Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vision Boards For Unschoolers


Vision boards are tools to help you reach your goals and dreams in life and they are simple to make! Our family has been making vision boards for seven years now. This one is actually my third one, because as your dreams in life come true, you can check them off your list! Eventually, you need to dreams and to create new goals. I found that this vision board was more focused on feelings and experiences than things. Of course, "things" are simply tools for joy, so those are important too!

To create your own vision board:
Tip: Feel your way through the process.


1) Gather up some magazines, glue, scissors and a piece of poster board.
2) Flip through the magazines and see what phrases and pictures capture your attention.
3) Cut out the images that excite and empower you and glue them on the poster board.
4) Enjoy the process of creation and excitement as your vision board comes together. I love to light candles, play soothing music and enjoy a cup of tea while I work on my vision board.
5) Hang your vision board somewhere you can see it everyday. You can add to it as new desires are born within you. 

The theory behind a vision board is that when you focus on and think about these desires, dreams and goals you bring them closer and closer to be your reality. I have found this to be true in my last two vision boards. Although some things came to me even more powerfully and bigger than I had even dreamed!
The idea of a vision board is based on the ideas that what you focus on, you experience more of. What you think and focus on, you attract - good or bad. It is through focusing on what you want in life, you bring it to yourself powerfully by being able to look and focus on them everything through your vision board.

All of my children have made visions boards. They believe in their own abilities to facilitate their own joy in life. They think of this as a tool to assist them in creating their dreams. There are times in which we may not be able to afford to purchase the kids something they want. A vision board is one way to empower them. Although we do all that we can as parents to help our children get what they want in life, I don't want them to think that we are the only resource in their lives. There are so many ways to manifest your dreams in life. By sharing with my children that they could put something on their vision boards, it is pure, "Yes!" energy!

This is Tiff's vision board. She has made several over the years. She has this hung up near her bed to be able to look at it regularly. 

I hope you enjoy creating your own vision board! I'd love to hear how a vision board helped you create the life of your dreams.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I love your website and work, for so many reasons. I have been creating vision boards for 25 years, after experiencing their power to move life in the direction one wants. I also love all your photos and references to family business (my daughter's name is Willow which only adds to my appreciation). I know you will keep doing what you are doing, but I wanted to say, Keep doing what you are doing...it is so important. In appreciation, Jan (www.possibilitydetectives.com)

Dayna Martin said...

Thanks, Jan. It is so nice to connect with others on this path! I love your daughters name! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your appreciation.
Love, Dayna

Danielle said...

It's been a while since I did one, and time for an upgrade! Maybe my daughter Annalise would be interested in making one of her own.