Monday, May 14, 2007

Herb Gardening

Today our local homeschooling group came over and we planted herb seeds and seedlings. It was such a fun time! Everyone really enjoyed themselves. We also toasted bread with fresh herbs on one loaf, and dried herbs in the other so everyone could taste the difference.

We are all such an eclectic group! When I first joined the group almost 3 years ago, I felt like an outsider, because we were the only Radical Unschoolers involved. I think I focused on my differences with those in the group. I have grown so much emotionally in three years and now I focus on all our our similarities. It is a much more joyful way to live! I realize that we all have so much in common. I love the group and I am so thankful for the rich pantry of friends we have within it. Everyone is becoming like extended family to us.

No comments: