Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mandarin Orange Scones!


Today on our way to the store, we drove past a bakery that we like to stop at to buy these yummy scones. Devin suggested stopping to pick up a few. Unfortunately they only take cash. I only had my debit card on me. I told the kids that since we were going to the grocery store, maybe we could get the ingredients and try to make the scones ourselves at home.

They all thought it was a great idea and Devin couldn't wait to make the glaze for the top. We jumped online and found a recipe that sounded similar to the scones at the bakery.

Well, they came out awesome! Around 3pm I called Joe in from the shop to take a break and have some scones and milk with me and the kids. He thought they were yummy! It took a while to make them, but it was worth it. Devin's glaze was perfect!

No comments: