Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yesterday was a Beautiful Day!

Yesterday I took the kids apple picking. We picked every single apple from one tree! It was so beautiful and peaceful... We all decided to go to the lake afterward. It was gorgeous and so surreal to be there. This time of year is so interesting to me to be somewhere with my children and be the only ones there. Yesterday's adventures were no exception. I get overwhelmed with a subtle sadness for all the children locked away in a building all day, everyday.

We are out enjoying all that our community has to offer this time of year. It is so beautiful and joyful! The leaves are falling to the ground, the air is crisp. We are so fortunate to be able to live this amazing life together. My children love their lives. We came home and make a french Apple Strudel and looked at the rocks they collected from the beach. Then the girls took a nap and Devin and I enjoyed time together just he and I cuddling on the couch watching his favorite show eating popcorn. Life is Good.

No comments: