Thursday, October 16, 2008

One On One



A few weeks ago Joe and I were talking and sharing how cool it would be to be able to have time with the kids one on one. Living a life together, never apart, we thought it was important to start having special times when we each take the kids out individually, doing whatever they wanted.

Last week Devin and I went out together to Friendly's and then shopping for new clothes for Fall.

Tonight I took Ivy out, just she and I, and we had such a special time together.

We went to Borders so Ivy could pick out a new book, then to Old Navy where she picked out a shirt she liked. Kinda funny but I bought it for her, then to McD's so we could get ice cream and play in the Playplace, per Ivy's request.

It was so fun and when we got in the car to head back home Ivy turned to me and said, "Thank you Mama for my special night." I could tell how much it meant to her. It was so nice to relax together and talk and laugh. It was still and calm and so nice. As we drove home she said, "Now Sweet Home Sweet". I don't know where she heard that and I really liked her version!




No comments: