I love to experiment and create healthy, new recipes for my family to enjoy.
Today, Dakota and I made up a new, yummy recipe we wanted to share! They are so moist and delicious! I can't stop eating them...
Dayna's Rockin' Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies
A healthful, delicious recipe. 10-13 minutes
2-1/2 dozen cookies
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 fresh large egg
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp lowfat milk
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground all spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Roll cookies in:
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 F.
1. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream margarine or butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and mix for one minute until smooth. Scrape sides of the bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, all spice, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients gradually to the creamed mixture; mix on low speed for one minute until well blended. Scrape sides of the bowl.
4. Portion dough by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and roll cookies in mixture before putting on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned.
Cool on wire rack.