Friday, June 19, 2009

Ivy's Passion






Out of all of our kids, Ivy loves to cook. She watches cooking shows with me, and asks me everyday, what we are making for meals.. Lately she has taken to role of the Martin Family Chef.. Even though she is only 4, she creates the most amazing meals!

Last night just topped them all! Sweet and Sour Pork, Corn on the Cob with garlic, chive butter, zucchini and summer squash with tomatoes and rice...
I am so in awe of her cooking abilities and passion at such a young age!

Here is a picture of the meal that she made entirely by herself.

She looks so very serious in all of her cooking glory.. She's focused on all that she is doing... I have embraced this part of her in every way.. Everyday we look through cookbooks and visit websites about cooking.. I plan on buying her her own child-sized utensils soon..
After she tried her pork she said, "This meat is so good... I would marry it!". She cracks us up!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Dayna, I shared this post at the Feels Like Home blog, about kids cooking.

Unknown said...

I love to see kids cooking. It teaches them so much about life. Like sharing with your family. Geri