Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Winter Nature Table


In college I took an Art History class. One of my final projects was a shadow box. I love this form of art expression!

When I make nature tables or shadow boxes, I usually buy new fabric to line it with and add some kind of fun embellishment or two. Once the table is ready we begin to create. We usually only add things from nature, hence the name Nature Table.

Our nature table reflects whatever season we are living. The kids love adding to it over the months with treasures from outside. It is like an evolving, growing work of art that everyone adds to for however long you decide to have it out. I love to honor nature in this way and revel in the beauty of the natural world through this project.

This is our Winter Nature Table

2 comments:

Donna said...

Dayne, I have been enjoying your blog for quite sometime and I am a silent lurker on the LOA unschooling yahoo group. Let me introduce myself. My name is Donna and I am an unschooler in the Philadelphia area. We have a great community here and I have loved meeting so many other people through the LOA group. I am passing the MeMe Award on to you. If you'd like to join in some blogging fun, you can stop by my blog and pick it up. I would love to learn more about you. When I first heard about it I thought it was pretty corny but then I ended up having so much fun with it. I thought it would be a great intro to pass it on to you. http://damnhusband.blogspot.com/

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Beautiful creation, Dayna!

Hey, we still want to do a get-together sometime with you guys. I've had some car issues and need to get those resolved, hopefully soon!

Thinking of you!
Nikki