Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pastel Playclay!


Ivy and Orion love playing with any kind of dough or clay. I keep our home stocked with supplies for their creativity. This is one of my favorite things to make for them. 


The recipe for this bright and beautiful playclay is:

4 cups of flour 
2 cups of salt
 4 Tbls. of vegetable oil 
 1 cup of water








I use my Kitchen-Aid to blend it all together. Add more water or flour if it is too dry or too sticky. 
Break the dough into 4 sections and knead each with a different color food coloring. I like the neon colors the best. They are so pretty. My kids love to help with this process.
Enjoy hours of play together connecting through this awesome homemade medium. 
Store in an airtight container. It will last for months!

2 comments:

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

So fun! Love homemade "play dough"! The snails there are my favorite. :)

Dayna Martin said...

The neon food coloring is so awesome! Whenever we buy more, we think of tons of ways to use it. LOVE it!

Thanks for commenting Heidi.

~Peace & Love, Dayna